Friday, January 15, 2010

First appointment



So today we got to see our baby for the first time. We had our first appointment with Dr. Genobaga today. Both of us were ridiculously nervous and excited, me more nervous and Chris more excited. I knew going in I was going to be getting a lot of information to process so I was a big ball of nerves waiting in the waiting room. Once we got back it was nice to hear I had gained only 4 pounds so far. God I feel fat.... Once we got back Dr. Genobaga asked about anything that had been going on since the last time he saw us. He went over the circlage thing again. Told me first we have to do a real ultrasound and make sure the baby is growing properly and that the pregnancy is going normal before we can do the procedure. Once we get the ultrasound he will schedule the surgery. That's what it is...surgery....I have to have an epidural it hurts so bad and then be on bed rest for a week to recoup. He says between 15-16 weeks so that puts it right at valentines day.... Right near when baby Chris was due:( I'm scared and nervous about all kinds of things. I'm nervous just about the procedure and the risks involved. Although very rare it could make me miscarry all over again and I cannot deal with that. I'm scared that its such a lot of appointments and procedures that everyone around me is going to be inconvenienced. My family, my coworkers, my kids. I know that's not anything that I should worry about but I do. After the procedure I understand we will have a lot more appointments and I just want to be able to do it all. I know I wont get to do anything though. Once we got to the ultrasound the mood lightened a ton. For Chris it became real right then. We got to see his/her heartbeat and he/she was moving around so much it was fun to watch. Only two more weeks and we get to see it all again. He said everything looked good and that the ultrasound confirmed I was 11 weeks just like I thought. Looks like an early August baby if I can keep him/her in that long. So so far so good!! I'm trying to stay positive in all of this even with a dark cloud trying to rain on my parade. Oh yeah and we picked some names....What do you think

Girl: Lindsey Claire Franco (same as last time)
Boy: Charles (Charlie) William Franco

No comments:

Post a Comment