Thursday, April 15, 2010

IT'S A GIRL!!!!



















So OMG it's a girl.
We had our 20 week ultrasound a couple weeks ago. I got there first cause Chris was still at work. I felt like I was gonna pee all over the waiting room. it is so ridiculous that they haven't figured out a way to do this without torturing poor pregnant women filling them up with so much water. Anyways I was so happy when they told me I could pee a little. such a small thing to be happy about. They always take the mom first and do all the measurements first. So we are back there and our tech was great. She told me that she ha the same date as we had originally thought. So the due date is still Aug4Th for full term. She also told me that my cervix had shortened almost a half a cm. when your only dealing with 4cm to start a half in a couple months is alot. anyways my cervix is down to 3.1cm and getting shorter.
I'm hoping when we get to see Genobaga next week he can make me feel better about the rapid loss of length. For those who dont know, your cervix is approx 4cm long normally. As you get closer to your due date your cervix tends to shorten and efface(thin). In my situation this is bad already. Hopefully we don't get bed rest. Fingers Crossed!!! The whole time she was doing her measurements and I was trying my hardest to see sex organs or the lack thereof. I was almost positive that I was not seeing little testicles.
When She called Chris back he was so excited to see the baby and learn the sex. Our little girl is such a mover. She moved and kicked so much she made it hard for the tech to get measurements at first. Chris got a little show and she switched it to 3d so we could get a better look at her features. Shes still so skinny it looks a little scary. Eventually she goes right between the legs, pauses the screen, and.....TAKES A PHONE CALL. LOL. When she came back we had discussed what we thought we saw and she confirmed that we have a daughter on the way. Go Lindsey Claire.
It was finally over and I could pee... Woohoo relief. While I was dressing Chris asked the tech how certain she was. She said shes not allowed to guarantee but she has been doing this for 35 years and that's a vagina. I laughed. Until on the way home from sutter buttes Chris says.....You know we have to have another now right!!!!
OMG he has to be kidding right after miscarriage and cerclage, he wants another ugh five is too many. Thankfully we have cleared that up. I feel her all the time and its getting where you can see her moving around if you focus on my belly for a min. Work is getting tiring but I am so happy to have a job right now. especially one with the people I work with. They have been there and supported me when I needed it most. I'm really starting to show and ill post some pics in the next week or so. maybe a video of the movements cause its weird.
I know my sisters have started to plan a shower and I am so excited for that. We decided since this is Chris first we are doing a big coed party to celebrate Lindsey rather than your traditional women only baby shower. I would love to include him and he loves it too. So end of June is the shower. Hopefully early June we have the stitched clipped and she comes shortly after that. I guess you just never know with these cerclages. I'm hoping a little early to diminish the chances of ANOTHER 9lb baby. So that's all for now. Pics to come soon


No comments:

Post a Comment